All customers and website visitors agree to be bound by terms and conditions of service set forth below upon usage of any services offered by X-Shops and its associate partners as defined herein.
Definitions and Interpretation
- In these terms and conditions the following words have the meanings given:
- Business Day means any day other than a public or bank holiday in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland
- Contract means a contract for the purchase by the Customer of Products or Services from X-Shops incorporating these terms and conditions and arising from the acceptance by X-Shops of an order
- Customer means the person, firm or company ordering products or services
- Default shall mean any breach by either party of its obligations under a contract, any default, act, omission, negligence or statement by either party, its employees, agents or sub-contractors arising out of or in connection with a contract and in respect of which either party may be legally liable
- Intellectual Property Rights means copyright, patent, trademark, service marks, registered designs, sui generis rights, know-how, confidential information, trade or business names or other similar rights together with applications for any of the foregoing
- Licence Agreement means any licence agreement relating to use of the Software
- Order means any order for Products, or Products and Services, received by X-Shops from the customer
- Services means any configuration or installation services provided by X-Shops as sub-contractor of the customer to end-users of products in conjunction with the supply of products
- Software means any computer software supplied by X-Shops, whether embodied in ROM, RAM, firmware or on disk, tape or other media
- Confidential Information means all information of whatsoever nature (whether oral, written or in any other form) containing or consisting of material of a technical, operational, administrative, economic, marketing, planning, business or financial nature or in the nature of intellectual property of any kind or in the nature of Specifications and relating either to the products or services, the seller or the buyer (as the case may be)
- Delivery Address is the address for delivery of the products or pervices as stated on the purchase order
- Price means the price payable for the products or services as specified in the purchase order and payable in accordance with the terms of this agreement
- Products or Services means such products or services to be sold by the seller to the buyer as may be determined from time to time by the seller and buyer
- Purchase Order is the buyer's purchase order for the products or services
- Specifications are any plans, drawings, data or other information relating to the products
- On-Site Visits are any services delivered at the customer’s premises
- Workshop Repairs means any services delivered on X-Shops premises
- Data Recovery is any attempt to recover, salvage or retrieve data from any computer storage media such as hard disks, floppy disks, USB disks, flash disks or any other computer-related equipment or media
- All other words and expressions are to be given their normal English meaning taken in the context of the contract
- Any dispute as to the meaning of a word is to be settled by reference to the Oxford English Dictionary
- Any reference to a clause shall mean a clause of these terms and conditions unless otherwise stated
- The use of headings in these terms and conditions shall be for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of these terms and conditions
- All orders submitted by the customer to X-Shops and accepted by X-Shops shall be subject to these following terms and conditions which shall form part of and govern any contract.
- Usage of any service or receiving any estimate or quotation for any products and/or services by the customer, issued by X-Shops verbally, by phone or in person or in writing including by email- shall be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- All prices for products or services stated in any quote, estimate or acceptance of order are those current at the time of the customer's enquiry by phone, by email or any other acceptable means.
- All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT, carriage will be added to the agreed price if applicable
- Unless account privileges have been agreed, payment for parts and services must be made by credit/debit card or cash at the time the engineer finishes the visit, or the repair is fixed at the workshop and the repaired item returned to the customer.
- The customer agrees that payment for services and carriage is non-refundable and parts or equipment fitted or supplied will be replaced only if found faulty and/or covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
- All payments made by the customer to X-Shops shall be in pound sterling (GBP) in immediately available funds free and clear of any right of set off or counter claim or any withholding or deduction whatsoever.
- The customer agrees to make all payments due under this contract irrespective of any dispute or claim the customer may have with or against any third party.
- X-Shops, to the extent that it is permitted to do so, hereby assigns the benefit of any guarantee or warranty covering any defects in products received by X-Shops under an agreement with the manufacturer or supplier of the relevant product.
- The warranty service (if any) will be that provided by the manufacturer and any validation procedures relating to that warranty service are the responsibility of the customer.
- X-Shops may in its discretion offer support or maintenance services with respect to products or services.
- The warranty of the manufacturer or supplier is in lieu of all other terms or conditions whether express or implied concerning the quality or fitness for purpose of products and all such other terms and conditions are hereby excluded.
Terms of Service
- If we are unable to repair or diagnose the computer(s) due to non-supply of parts by manufacturers or suppliers, a reasonable diagnostic fee may apply. The fee will cover the time spent on fault diagnosis and re-assembly of the computer(s). We may waive the diagnostics fee at our discretion.
- If the customer's computer develops a fault in the course of service delivery by X-Shops on-site or off-site, the customer agrees not to hold X-Shops responsible for the fault. However, we will do our best to remedy the problem at no cost to customer(s) unless parts are required.
- All computers repaired in our workshops are checked for viruses and are free from viruses before delivery to the customer. X-Shops is not responsible for any virus infections that occur after the customer has received the computer(s). A charge will apply for the removal of any virus(es) after the delivery of the computer(s).
- Where the customer requires X-Shops to carry out any configuration or installation services either for the customer and/or the end-user, X-Shops shall do so as sub-contractor to the customer and this agreement and the terms contained herein shall constitute the sub-contract.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to provide computer services in accordance with the terms of the contract and will ensure that all the services are provided with all reasonable care and skill and by suitably trained and qualified technicians.
In no event shall X-Shops be liable for:
- Any claims regarding the physical functioning of the equipment/media or the condition or existence of data stored on the media supplied before, during or after services
- Any loss of data or loss of revenue or profits or before, during or after services even if we have been advised of the possibility of damages or loss to persons or property
- X-Shops's liability of any kind with respect to the services, including any negligence or delay in delivery of service on its part, or loss of equipment or media, shall be limited to the quoted price for the services.
- The Customer must be aware of the inherent risks of damage to media or equipment that is involved when undergoing data recovery or computer repairs, including without limitation, risks due to destruction or damage to the media or equipment and/or data stored and inability to recover data, or inaccurate or incomplete data recovery, including those that may result from the negligence of X-Shops.
- The customer agrees not to hold X-Shops responsible for any damage or loss of equipment or media or data loss. In case of any damage or loss to the original media or equipment, the liability of X-Shops shall be limited to providing the customer with similar media or equipment of comparable price or capacity. We are not liable for data loss or damage to media where X-Shops has been contracted for data recovery as this is conducted on a "best efforts" basis.
- The maximum aggregate liability of X-Shops to the customer whether in contract, tort or otherwise for any direct loss or damage including to tangible property suffered by the customer as a result of any default of X-Shops shall be limited in aggregate to the lesser of £1000 or an amount equal to the sums paid by the customer under the contract during the preceding 12 months.
- X-Shops shall not be liable to the customer whether in contract, tort or otherwise and even if foreseeable by or in the contemplation of X-Shops for:
- Any loss of profits, business, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings, whether sustained by the customer or any other person
- Any special, indirect, or consequential loss whether sustained by the customer or any other person.
- Any advice or recommendations given to the customer by X-Shops or its employees or agents as to storage, application, use or preference of the goods which is not confirmed in writing by X-Shops, is followed or acted upon entirely at the customer's own risk and accordingly X-Shops shall not be liable for any such advice or recommendation which is not so confirmed.
- While X-Shops will make every effort to preserve the integrity of any equipment under repair, the customer agrees not to hold X-Shops responsible for any accidental damages to the equipment in its possession including but not limited to surface scratches, deformations and cracks.
Intellectual Property Rights
- All Intellectual property rights in or relation to the products (including any manuals and operating documentation relating thereto) or in any materials (including software) created by X-Shops during the course of providing the services shall vest in X-Shops or its suppliers as the case may be and the customer shall have no title to or interest in any such intellectual property rights except to the extent specifically agreed by X-Shops.
- The customer will notify X-Shops immediately if it becomes aware of any illegal or unauthorised use of any of the products or any of the intellectual property rights in the products and will assist X-Shops and/or its suppliers in taking all steps necessary to defend the owners' rights.
- The customer undertakes to ensure that any software which is sold to end users or any other third party will be accompanied by any licence agreement (whether shrink-wrap or otherwise) relating to that software and any other documentation which X-Shops or it's suppliers may require.
- Each party shall treat as confidential all information obtained from the other which is specifically designated as confidential or proprietary and shall not divulge such information to any person (except to such party's own employees and then only to those employees who need to know the same) without the other party's prior written consent.
- X-Shops reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions. Any such modification will apply on the effective date specified in the said notice to all services and products provided by X-Shops.
- All contracts shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The waiver by either party of a breach or default of any of the provisions on this agreement by either party shall not be construed as a waiver of any succeeding breach of the same or other provisions, nor shall any delay or omission on the part of either party to exercise or avail itself of any right, power or privilege that it has, or may have hereunder operates as a waiver of any breach or default by either party.